For today we going to practice some exercise on chapter I (Congratulating, Hopes and Wishes)
Next week prepare your self because there will be a quiz about this material. (Minggu depan ulangan…)
1. Situation : Siti has just got the first prize in the “Bakiak race” to celebrate Indonesia Independence day. Beni congratulates her.
What does Beni say to congratulate Siti?
Beni : “__________________________.”
Siti : “Thank you.”
A. Sure, Good luck.
B. Congratulate to Siti
C. Congratulations, Siti.
D. Thanks, I will do my best
2. Dayu : ”Who won the football match yesterday?”
Udin : ”Our team did. We won two to one.”
Dayu : ”Well done. _________________________.”
Udin : ”Thank you.”
To complete the dialogue, the suitable expression is …
A. I’m glad to hear that.
B. That’s too bad
C. I’m sorry.
D. You’re welcome
3. Edo : ”Happy birthday, Lia.”
Lia : ”Thank you Edo. You are the first who congratulate me.”
Edo : ”Oh really? Here is a little present for you. I hope you like it.”
Lia : ”Thank you very much. You are really my best friend.”
Why does Edo give Lia a present?
A. Because Lia likes presents.
B. Because today Dayu’s birthday.
C. Because Edo has a lot of money.
D. Because Lia is celebrating her birthday today.
This text is for questions number 4 and 5.
Ever since I heard about your success as the first winner of the singing contest of FLS2N. I know how long and how hard you practiced. We are all very proud of you. We wish you all the best in pursuing your dream to be a popular singer someday.
Chairperson of Class 9 A
4. The text above shows that . . .
A. The writer is one of the contestants
B. Esther is the best student
C. Esther is the best singer
D. Rudy is Esther’s special friend
5. The text is for . . . of FL2SN.
A. The best student
B. The best teacher
C. The best singer
D. The best graduate student
6. Situation : Rania has just made a very beautiful handicraft from coconut leaf. Chandra praises her craft and hopes that she will win the national competition.
Chandra : “____________________________________.”
I’m sure you will win the national competition.”
Rania : “Thank you. I hope so too.”
A. What is that
B. That’s a very beautiful handicraft
C. I’m glad to hear that
D. You are the winner
7. Nuri has just finished practicing singing. She will sing in the celebration of Indonesia Independence Day. Shinta praises her that she sings like a real singer, and she will get a big applause for that.
Shinta : “You sing like a singer. ______________________.”
Nuri : “Thank you. That’s very nice of you.”
A. I’m sure you will get a very big applause
B. You are a good student
C. I’m sorry
D. Congratulate to Nuri
8. Situation : Fadel is going to participate in the story telling competition. Dara shows her hope that Fadel will get a prize.
Fadel : “Dara, wish me luck. I will take part in the story telling competition.”
Dara : “____________________. I hope you will win the competition.”
A. Thank you very much
B. I hope so
C. I’m sorry
D. Sure, Good luck
9. Situation : Ade has just finished drawing a picture of Tinta, his best friend. He will present it to her on her birthday. Nida praises the picture and she’s sure that Tinta will like it.
Nida : “Ade, that’s a beautiful picture. I’m sure Tinta will like it.”
Ade : “__________________________.”
A. Wish me luck
B. Happy birthday
C. Good luck
D. Thanks. I hope so too
10. Situation : Rahma’s father has given her permission to walk to the mountain. Gibril is happy for her and expresses his hope that she will have a safe trip.
Rahma : “Thank God. Finally my father lets me go to the mountain walk.”
Gibril : “______________________. Have a safe trip.”
A. I’m happy for you
B. Wish me happy
C. Thank you very much
D. I hope so